FREE LETTER – OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD APPEAL
I wanted to take a moment to send you this brief note to inform you of the tremendous giving opportunity being made available to us by Franklin Graham and the ministry team at Samaritan’s Purse.
Every year at this time, a special emphasis is made on ministering the love of Jesus Christ in a very practical way by providing gifts to needy children all around the world, who would otherwise never know the joy of receiving gifts at Christmas time.
The looks of joy on the faces of these special youngsters is a sight to behold, and you can gather more information on this great ministry at www.samaritanspurse.org. This ministry is worthy of your support.
Once again, we are providing directions for you to put your shoebox of gifts together, and bring to the church so in turn, we can send them to Samaritan’s Purse for distribution.
Here are the instructions: For further instructions, visit the website: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/Pack_A_Shoe_Box/
1. SHOE BOX Use an empty shoe box (standard size, please) or a small plastic container. You can wrap the box (lid separately), but wrapping is not required. Most importantly, pray for the child who will receive your gift.
2. BOY OR GIRL? Determine whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the child’s age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Print out the appropriate boy/girl label by downloading the artwork here. http://www.samaritanspurse.org/pdf/PackABoxwithLabels.pdf Mark the correct age category on the label and tape the label to the top of your box.
3. FILL WITH GIFTS Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child. Use the gift ideas provided on the bottom of this page.
4. INCLUDE YOUR DONATION Please donate $10 or more for each shoe box you prepare to help cover shipping and other project costs. You can give online by using our EZGIVE option, or you can write a check to Samaritan’s Purse (note “OCC” on memo line) and place it in an envelope on top of the gift items inside your box. If you or your family are preparing more than one shoe box, please make one combined donation.
5. DROP OFF Bring to the church during the collection week of November (DATE).
Again, thank you for taking the time to assist in this tremendous project, and if you have any questions on this overall project, please don’t hesitate to visit Samaritans Purse website.
Pastor John Doe
Sorry, this content is for members only.
Click to gain access to over 1200 Church Letters and Welcomes.
Already a member? Login below…